This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
I get asked this question ALL the time. Which vinyl cutting machine is better? Cricut or Silhouette? You've been following our blog and know that Cassie and I both have been using the Silhouette Cameo machine. What you might not know is that we recently made the switch to team Cricut (the "Cricut Maker" to be exact) and we are never looking back.
What are some big differences in the machines?
Looking at them, you might not think much. After using my Cricut Maker for the first time though, I knew it was a superior machine. Here are a few reasons I like the Maker better than my Cameo.
Cricut Design Space is easy to use. It can always be a challenge getting used to new software. Something big that stuck out to me though, is Cricut Design Space has no "delay". When using Silhouette's version of Design Space, I always have delays when moving an item around or erasing something. IT DROVE ME CRAZY!!!!
2. The guidelines on the Maker!! LOVE! Silhouette Cameo has a line for guiding in your cutting mat and I love that Cricut Maker has built in guides- No room for mistakes!
3. The Maker is SO quiet! My husband even made a comment about it.
4. Cricut Maker is just pretty and sleek. I can't help but leave that out. This may not be a priority for you, but I keep my machine out 24/7 and love that it is pretty to look!
5. Cricut has tons of great tutorials that are easy to find on their site. I have been extremely impressed with how easy it is to find the answers to my questions.
6. Cricut cutting mats are AWESOME. If you've used the Silhouette, you'll know what I mean when you try out the Cricut Maker. I've included a photo below but it still won't do it justice. My Silhouette mats get "gummy" and the sticky substance on the mat just feels thick. My Cricut mats don't feel gummy at all.
7. Cricut mats are thick and durable. Super impressed with the thick durable quality of the mats.
Wondering why I didn't originally go with a Cricut cutting machine? I was honestly uneducated and didn't really know what to look for in a machine. Another reason? I thought I'd need cartridges to use my Cricut machine. Not the case anymore. I can find the designs I need right in my Cricut Design Space.
If I haven't convinced you yet, hear this: I've used my Silhouette Cameo nearly every day for the last few years. I have made hundreds and hundreds of projects and I would absolutely tell you, go with Cricut. I am very confident you will be as pleased as I am! I truly feel like my Maker is an investment that will keep me happy for years to come! Any questions? Feel free to comment below or send us an email.
P.s. Check out this adorable bunting I cut out today. I also used my Easy Press iron and it changed my life. More on that in the next few weeks.
Welcome to Clover
Lane!! We are Cassie & Sadie and this is
our fun little creative outlet. We are sisters and we seriously live to eat, and love to
laugh and craft! We
are so glad you have joined us!
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure
This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC. Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertisng and linking to products on Amazon.com
Western Realty--Our real estate agents are the top in their field and are committed to our Buyers and Sellers. We cover real estate in Southeastern Idaho including Blackfoot Real Estate, Idaho Falls Real Estate, Pocatello Real Estate, Driggs Real Estate, and specialize in residential, commercial, and investment properties.